Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Day!


This past weekend, I had two great surprises. Well the first one wasn't a big surprise--Kelly coming to visit--but it was great the just the same. The second was a surprise--SNOW!

The weekend weather called for a light dusting of snow on Saturday. On our way to spin class, the flakes started. I stopped looking at myself in the mirror during spin for a few minutes so I could watch the snow fall. Throughout the day the flakes fell. By the end of the night, there were about 6 inches on the ground and the temperatures had dropped into the low teens.

Not to be discouraged, Kelly and I still made it to the movies, out to Matchbox and to meet up with her Georgetown Law friends. The snow didn't stop us; it merely made the trip more beautiful.

We snuck out of DC early before the December blizzard, but we did get to see the little reminder of winter. It was also chance for me to wear the snow boots I bought 5 years ago and had only worn 3-4 times. All in all, a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment